Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Aloo Matar/ Peas and Potato curry
1 cup potato cubes
1/2 cup frozen peas
1large onion nicely chopped
1/2 cup tomato puree
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp paprika
1tsp kasoor methi
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1tsp coriander powder
1/2 cup milk Low fat
Hand full of coriander leaves chopped
Salt to taste
1) Micro oven the potato cubes with some water for 8-10 minutes and when it is half done drain the water and keep it aside .
2) Take a heavy bottom pan ,pour some oil,add hing ,turmaric powder ,cumin seeds,then add chopped onion,and saute this for 4-5minutes .
3) When onion turns little brown add all the masala ingredients (cumin powder,coriander powder,paprika,and garam masala powder) half boiled potatoes,peas ,then add pureed tomato and bring it to boil for 10 minutes.
4) Then add milk and coriander leaves ,add salt to your taste and boil for another 5-10 minutes .
5) Garnish Kasoor methi on top and serve hot with rice /chapati of your choice ! Enjoi !!!:).